Mission & Objectives
PMI Great Lakes Corporate Outreach Program is the liaison between PMI and the companies located in the Chapter’s geographic area. PMIGL Corporate Outreach utilizes Needs Analysis Interviews with corporate representatives who have responsibility for implementing and leading project/program management in their companies help determine relevant issues.
Construction & Healthcare
Track 1 - Construction Community
- Construction Quality Assurance – Work Planning & Control on March 28, 2023
- Construction Quality Assurance – BIM4D & PM role on June 27, 2023
- Construction Quality Assurance – Field Construction Management on September 26, 2023
- Construction Quality Week – 4th Year Anniversary
Planned 2024 Events
- In conjunction with our Wellness Quality Management Community of Practice we will explore the People Domain aspect of Construction Quality for 2024
- Please join our community of practice and suggest topics you wish to explore. We select our theme and topics during our anniversary celebration during construction quality week. More information at http://constructionqualityweek.com
New for 2024: Construction Outreach for Social Good
Discovering the next generation of construction project managers and exploring construction careers for emerging professionals & students.
Track 2 - Healthcare Community
PMIGL Healthcare Community is part of the Wellness Quality Managers Community that would raise awareness of and leverage the existing Wellness Quality Management framework for everyone (project managers, healthcare industry contacts, and others) and focus on applying the PMI Philosophy and utilize PMBOK framework to improve Project Outputs and Business Outcomes of organizations in the Healthcare Industry.
Healthcare Outreach Manager will lead this effort to gather like-minded people from organizations in the Healthcare Industry to collaborate and share best practices for improvement of their community. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Planned 2023 Events:
We are currently conducting surveys and gathering expertise’s suggestions on topics to be discussed in round tables and discussion panels. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Ed, if you are interested in participating. The tentative events and topics are as follows:
- Leveraging Wellness Quality Management
- Lessons Learned from Managing a Pandemics
- Virtual Care and Best Practices
- Project Management Office for Healthcare Industry
Track 3 - Automotive Corporate Outreach
As Manager of the Automotive Corporate Outreach for the PMIGLC, the plan is to spend time understanding the role of Manager for Automotive outreach and developing initiatives that will bring value to Automotive PMI community.
Key initiatives include:
- Reach out to Corporations by promoting the benefits of PMI memberships for project managers within organizations.
- Utilize Social meeting to gather Automotive PMP members who are currently working on Electrification projects, share best practices and lesson learned.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Track 4 - Information Technology Outreach
As the Manager of IT Outreach for the Project Management Institute (PMI) Great Lakes Chapter, the yearly plan focuses on expanding the reach of PMI's IT resources and enhancing the project management skills of IT professionals in the Great Lakes region.
Key initiatives in the yearly plan include:
- Developing a comprehensive IT outreach program: This program will enable IT professionals in the Great Lakes region to access PMI's resources, network, and community. We will provide webinars, workshops, and training sessions to help IT professionals improve their project management skills.
- Partnering with IT organizations in the Great Lakes region: We will collaborate with leading IT organizations in the Great Lakes region to expand our reach and provide greater support to IT professionals. We will work together to develop joint initiatives to support IT professionals and enhance their project management skills.
- Creating IT management-specific content: We will produce IT management-specific content, including whitepapers, case studies, and articles, to address the unique challenges faced by IT professionals in the Great Lakes region. The content will highlight best practices, emerging trends, and proven methodologies to help IT professionals improve their project management skills.
- Hosting IT management-focused events: We will host events, such as conferences and forums, that focus on IT management in the Great Lakes region. These events will provide IT professionals with an opportunity to network with peers, share knowledge and experiences, and learn from industry experts.
- Providing career development opportunities: We will offer career development opportunities for IT professionals in the Great Lakes region, including mentorship programs, job postings, and career resources. These opportunities will help IT professionals stay up-to-date on industry trends and provide them with the skills and knowledge to advance their careers.
By executing these initiatives, we aim to create a comprehensive IT outreach program that provides IT professionals in the Great Lakes region with the necessary tools and resources for success. We believe that this program will help IT professionals enhance their project management skills, improve team performance, and advance their careers, ultimately contributing to the growth and success of the IT industry in the Great Lakes region.
Planned 2023 Events:
Conducting IT Outreach point of contact gathering, recruit additional team members and obtain IT Outreach educational sponsors.
- Recruiting for the IT Outreach Team
- PMI Educational Sponsors
- Pay it Forward Program