The Great Lakes Chapter is always looking for members who want to be more involved with the chapter. This is a great way to support the growth of the chapter and earn valuable PDUs for re-certification. We are currently in need of volunteers for a number of committee projects in progress. In an effort to match your interests and skills with the Chapter's needs, we need some information from you. If you are interested in helping out on one of our committee projects, please fill out the Chapter Volunteer Information Form and send it to our Director of Volunteer Program and you will be put in touch with the committee chair.
Thank you for your interest in the GLC!
Job Posting: Jan. 23, 2019
- One-Day volunteer support roles with PMIGLC are available, as-required, and on a FCFS basis based on project headcount needs. In addition to the event one-day, the project team will likely have planning meetings leading up to the event that you will be required to call-in to. If you'd like to be considered for a One-Day Volunteer Gig like Symposium, PDD, or another event, please complete a volunteer application and indicate that role.
- Keep in-mind that PMIGLC has many full-year volunteer roles that require no more than an hour per week time committment to fulfill. However, sometimes work schedules and life demands inhibit a year-long volunteer role for a brief period of time.
Kent Potts, email@example.com
Plan, conduct and close out the PMIGL annual golf event. Typically held in October.
Reply if interested at our online volunteer application https://pmiglc.org/volunteer-application or to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Member in good standing with PMI & PMIGLC
● Time requirements are roughly 2 hours per week. Time requirements rise and lower as event dates near.
● Follow the lead of the Corporate Outreach Director
● Promote the project management profession through the planning and coordination of special events, as identified by the Outreach Team, designed to reach out to Corporations by promoting the benefits of PMI memberships for project managers within organizations
● Incorporate feedback, suggestions and recommendations as necessary to enhance effectiveness and value delivered to the audience and chapter as they relate to the logistics of events/programs
● Assist Event Manager to oversee events and presentations
● Act as Master Coordinator or Host of Events
● Responsible for inviting guests, speakers, and panelists for Outreach events throughout the year
● Work closely with Director to Identify, Plan, Execute, Monitor & Control, and Close all tasks related to each event
● Non-inclusive list of activities:
● Develop a schedule for accomplishing assigned tasks for upcoming events
● Assist to develop an agenda for the event
● Identify all Event-Day volunteer positions needed
● Coordinate with the VP of Marketing to market the event
● Coordinate with the VP of Communications for publishing the event
● Coordinate with the VP of Membership to obtain sufficient Event-Day volunteers for each event
Provide information to members and nonmembers on events when solicited
If interested please apply on-line
§ Define contract standards for the chapter
§ Review all contracts for completeness, consistency and maintain contracts log / repository
§ Provide inputs to assess contract risks and manage to mitigate contract risks
§ Support Google suite applications
§ Maintain vendor and relations and provide a single point of contact for PMIGL contract vendors and affiliations
§ Publish minutes and action items from contract review meetings
§ Periodically assist VP Administration in other activities related to contracts
§ Respond to emails and phone calls within 3 business days
§ Coordinate back up coverage from within the Administration team while on vacation
§ Serve in role according to the PMI core values and ethics.
§ Attend at least 1 BOD meeting per quarter (at least 4 BOD meetings per year)
§ Attend Administration Team Meetings
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
§ Member in good standing of PMI.org and PMIGL is required.
§ A majority approval vote is required by the PMIGL Executive Committee.
§ Registered PMP is desirable but not required.
ESTIMATED TIME REQUIREMENTS
§ Ability to spend roughly 1 to 2 hours per week in volunteer contract management activities and/or team meetings
§ May require meetings with other BOD members, volunteers, or vendors/affiliates related to activities.
If you are intersted, please complete our online volunteer application form.