PMI Great Lakes
PMI Great Lakes is a professional organization located in the Detroit Metro area, and committed to advancing the project management skills of its approximately 2000 members.
Annual Chapter Meeting
2021 Annual Chapter Meeting - Virtual
Date: December 13, 2021
Time: 6 PM - 7:00 PM
Facilitators: The PMIGL Executive Committee
There is no charge to attend the annual meeting.
No PDUs will be offered, but please join us to review the accomplishments of 2021 and see what the chapter has planned for 2022.
PMIGL has Teamed up with ProjectBites
PMI Great Lakes has secured a chapter subscription to ProjectBites, an online library of Project Management education and inspiration in 20-minute video and audio bites. Use of this site is free for PMIGL members, but individuals will need to register. Registration information can be found in the Member Area page under the Membership drop-down after logging in with PMI.org credentials.
Next-Gen Volunteer Program
PMIGL has launched a new Next-Gen Volunteer Program to get new PMs involved in chapter volunteer opportunties.
- Enhance your resume with PM knowledge skills & hands on project opportunities.
- Gain valuable experience for continuing PMP certification status.
- Grow your professional network for career success.
- Earn PDUs towards maintaining your certification – volunteers receive multiple PDUs earning opportunities.
- Annual Chapter Recognition - Be recognized by the chapter at the volunteer appreciation event.
- Be mentored by experienced PMs in your field and learn leadership skills.
- PMI offers expertise and knowledge on various areas such as Communication, Networking, Marketing, Finance, Research, Outreach, STEM Education and Community development.
- Be a part of our event management project team (Sample past events: Happy Hours, Golf-outings, Annual Symposium, etc.)
Want more info? Email Akash Ladha firstname.lastname@example.org
PMI Hardship Provision
The Hardship Provision is available to any PMI member whose financial condition has changed drastically and sufficiently so that a member would have difficulty renewing their membership. A member must be in good standing for at least three previous years to qualify for the hardship provision. Under this provision, a member is granted a waiver for one year of PMI membership dues and one year of dues for membership in any two PMI Chapters of which the applicant was a member the previous year. The Hardship Provision may be granted for a maximum of two years for each member. Requests must be submitted prior to the membership expiration date. Please click below to contact PMI Global Headquarters for more information. Please remember that any incorrect or untrue statements made by a member are in violation of the PMI Member Ethical Standards-Member Standards of Conduct and may lead to the initiation of an ethics complaint in accordance with the PMI Member Ethics Case Procedures.